"Tiwa Savage, Seyi Shay Are Learning From Me" - May7ven Reveals




Tiwa Savage could currently be the leading queen of pop music in Nigeria but before her rise to fame, there was May7ven.

The Nigerian UK-based singer says she is the pathfinder and pioneer of the new school female pop divas in Nigeria.


Currently in Nigeria for the promotion of her new single, 'What Ya Feeling' produced by Tee-Y Mix, May7ven revealed in her new interview that the likes of Seyi Shay and Tiwa Savage were learning from her while all three lived in London years ago.

She says:

"I know when I started, I know why a lot of females are now here. The likes of Seyi Shay and Tiwa Savage were all with me in London when I did ‘Bo Aso Lara mi’, so I influenced majority of them to be doing what they are doing now. There always has to be a leader, someone who starts and creates things, and that’s how I see myself already. So the style I’m doing now, I guarantee you in another two years you’ll find another set of Tiwa Savage doing what I’m doing. I’ve always been an innovator and you can interview any of them, they’ll tell you the same thing so they maybe threatened that I’m around and not the other way round".

About her little history with Tiwa, the singer explains that both of them used to sing in the same band as youngstars but admits that the "Eminado" singer had always had a strong passion for music since she was 11.

"Yea, we grew up together. She was in my younger sister’s class, I’m a year older than both of them" May7ven narrates.

"There was this competition we were part of, I was 12 years old at the time, and I managed the group and sang with them as well, we were five girls in the group and we came out joint winners with a male group. I managed the group till we were about 16. I have everything on film and one day I’ll possibly leak the videos but I remember Tiwa was always singing, out of all of us, she sang the most while I was more focused on singing and dancing at the same time, she’s always been passionate about music."

Guys, what do you think?
Share on Google Plus

About Hilarity

Hilarity brings to you latest news all around the world. Covering breaking news in Entertainment, Celebrities gists, Technology and Sports and more...
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: