Heels and kills: The tale of a fashion empire (II)



Written by Coco Olorunfemi.
All characters in this story are fictional  and are not a direct representation off anyone living or dead.

I strutted into the office on Monday morning and I saw the eyes of 99.9 percent of my staff bulge from their sockets.
My personal assistant who was standing in front of my office door, with her hands clasped before her and her head slightly bowed managed a squeakly “Welcome ma
She was the only person not shocked because she was the only person I told that I was coming to the office and I had warned her sternly to keep it that way. Judging from the response I was now getting from everyone else on the large office floor, it was clear that she had kept to instruction.
I marched inside my office with my head held high and my nude Manolo Blahniks clicking to the beat of the silent whispers around me. As soon as I sat in “The all Knowing” chair (the name given to my carefully crafted gold office chair by my employees), I felt a certain calm close over me.
“Close the door” I quietly instructed my personal assistant. As usual, I was delighted that such a quiet command could inspire a sharp and almost jumpy reaction from her. “What is on my calender?”
“s..s..s…sorry ma, but your schedule was cleared for the day”
“Why?” I stared at her calmly watching as my blank face undid her nerves some more.
“f..f..forgive me ma… b b but I thought that…”
“That what Vanessa?....” I cut in quietly “You thought that I must need some time off? That my life must be over because I buried my husband yesterday?”
“No ma! I didn’t mean to imply that your life was over ma. I just wanted to…”
“Get me back on my schedule. Now.” I said sternly ending the miserable exchange.
I watched her scurry away from me in a way so funny I may have laughed if my heart wasn’t so heavy. Well aware of all the pair of eyes staring at me through my glass sound proof office, I picked up my phone, walked to my window and made the all-too important call that had waited long enough.
“Hello”….  
“Adora....I have been waiting for your call” he simply stated
“I Know…”
“and?.....”
“Play time is over. I am coming to you”
“To my bed?” he asked
“To your bed.” I answered with a small smirk on my face.

Coco Olorunfemi is the Creative director of fashion website Coco Phemie. She is a style junkie, hopeless romantic and talented story writer. She breathes everything fashion and channels her passion for it into all her works. See more at www.cocophemie.com
Share on Google Plus

About Hilarity

Hilarity brings to you latest news all around the world. Covering breaking news in Entertainment, Celebrities gists, Technology and Sports and more...
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: