Olumide Oworu: "Having Tiwa Savage as my TV mum was absolutely amazing"



In a recent interview with Pulse Nigeria, Olumide Oworu who plays Weki on MTV's hit series "Shuga," spoke on starring in show as Tiwa's son.

"Having Tiwa Savage as my TV mum was absolutely amazing. I remember when we were about to do the script read with the director, I didn’t know who was going to play Sade," the actor said.

So I’m just there like “ok, well it may just be one cool person that will just come and play Sade, and we may not even talk,” and then boom, in walks Tiwa Savage.

I was very excited, like I was doing back flips in my head, there was like fire works going on. But I had to act all cool like it was nothing, but in my head I was excited.

She is so down to earth, she is so cool. She will buy herself food, she will buy me food. We went out a couple of times. I feel like we have a genuine relationship off set as well.
"



About his character Weki;

Weki is a secondary school teenager. He was born with HIV and has done a great job of handling it by taking his medication and being part of a support group.

On Olumide Oworu's 21st birthday he was announced as a nominee in the Best Supporting Actor category of the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards for his role in “A Soldier’s Story.
Share on Google Plus

About Hilarity

Hilarity brings to you latest news all around the world. Covering breaking news in Entertainment, Celebrities gists, Technology and Sports and more...
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: