A Princess' Diaries

Sad African child
(reportingonhealth)
Dear diary,
I was born in the year 2001 and I was born with a disability. I can’t use the right side of my body properly and this has affected me a lot. Growing up, I thought I had friends, but thinking about it today, I actually didn’t. Been thinking about how in primary school, the people I called my friends would use my health challenge against me, laugh and mock me, which made me feel bad about myself. I can’t count how many times I’ve cried and felt discouraged.
Now I’m in secondary school and its worse than it was in primary school. The only difference is that I have friends that support me, unlike in primary school. Children in school have called me all sorts of names; they’ve told me I have leprosy, called me black and ugly because of my skin color. Most times I would hear them talk behind my back but I’ll act like I can’t hear them. Mummy has taught me how to smile, especially when I’m in public and that has kept me going.
Those times I would feel terrible for not being able to do the things that normal children do, those times I would hear I would hear them laugh at me… I would swallow it in and smile. I can’t count how many times I would wake up and hate that I would have to go to school. Most times I’d prefer staying at home; at least I won’t have to bother about how hard it is to associate with people. It’s so hard.
Not being able to walk in the right posture, not being able to eat or carry things properly with my right arm, not being able to move my fingers and toes properly, and being on medication, taking those supplements, physiotherapy! God! Sometimes I ask God why he allowed me come to this world if things would be like this. But still, in all of this, I believe my condition won’t remain like this forever. God will do a miracle in my life. All I pray for is that no one would have to suffer like I’m doing now or go through worse than what I’m going through.

                                                                       
XOXO…
Princess Shalom,
14 Years old.
Kaduna, Nigeria

Share on Google Plus

About Hilarity

Hilarity brings to you latest news all around the world. Covering breaking news in Entertainment, Celebrities gists, Technology and Sports and more...
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: